Sunday, April 22, 2007

Going to be a total blabbermouth tonight.

I've got a lot to say, so pull up a chair, sit back, and stay awhile!

First of all, I've had an amazing response to my mention of a parent workshop. It's definetly on. I'm working on finding a suitable location and nailing down some dates. I know they will be on Saturday mornings, probably in June and July. If anyone has ideas for locations I'm interested in suggestions. The workshop would focus on parents who just want to learn some basics of photography so they can take better photos when I'm not there :) We'll have a model and some fun giveaways, so stay tuned for more info.

Second, in honor of Earth Day, I wanted to mention a few things I'm doing to help my business "Go Green":

1. I'm going to try and use less paper by emailing info packets and pricelists whenever I can.
2. I'm going to be purchasing "Smart Strips" for all of my equipment and appliances to conserve energy.
3. I'll be replacing my current lightbulbs with the energy efficient type.
4. I will be re-using the packaging my lab sends me for other needs in my business (boxes, packaging, etc)
5. I will be turning off my computer when I am not using it. I am the worst about leaving it on 24 hours a day so I don't have to wait for it to boot.

I have to say that after watching the Discovery show Planet Earth, and seeing the polar bear swim 60 miles to find ice and then die from exhaustion...it made me think. It takes so little on my part to make a difference. If you have further suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comments section.

Ok, and I know there was a third thing. I know it. But it's been the longest weekend EVER and I have mommy brain. Well, I guess I could show you the reason for my mommy brain, since she is 6 months old now (can you BELIEVE it??? Seems like just yesterday I was ridiculously trying to take your pictures with a giant belly)

For all you eye-color watchers out there...they're hazel, like mine!!! Never thought in a million years...
The sisters have bonded the past month... At Gab's soccer game Saturday. I look at her, I live with her, and I still can't believe how fast she's growing up.
Maybe tomorrow, if the Princess sleeps tonight (hahahahahaha), I will remember what else I was going to say. **sigh**

No comments: