Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I have a quiet moment this Thanksgiving Eve and thought I would sit and reflect on the things that I am thankful for. Let's just say that at this time in my life, it has been hard to see the good things, and I need to do this more often. (As I write, Maddy is hacking, wheezing, and whimpering in my bed after three days of fever, xrays, steroids, breathing treatments, and antibiotics. )

-I am so grateful for my three amazing, beautiful, smart, hilarious, sensitive, precious children. They make all obstacles and hard times worth every single moment. If they were all I had in this life, they would be enough.


-I am so grateful for this business. While I do complain quite a bit about the hours and the exhaustion, if I have to work, good LORD...I have got it made. I am here to kiss my baby's boo-boos and can meet them for school lunches and pick them up from school. I also am able to fully support myself and my children. We are so very blessed.

-I am so thankful for all of my incredible friends, both new and old. Friends who travel with me, friends who take me out for fabulous girls' nights, friends who pray for me, friends who reach out to me for help, friends who have my children over so I can work, friends who force me to get out of my house to decompress even though I don't want to, new friends who have taken me under their wing and make me laugh, and Suzanne and Colleen who assist me in so many more ways than work, they have been like sisters to me and I don't think they could possibly know how important they have been and are to me.

-I am grateful for all of my immediate family. All live close and help me out in so many ways I can't begin to name.

-Finally, I am grateful to be alive, healthy, and aware. God has shown me that I am strong (why He KEEPS having to show me, I don't know) and I can get through anything that comes my way.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Deanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. And I'm sending some get well soon vibes down your way.