Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome Back

Hey everyone,
I'm writing to you from bed as I have had some wicked, unexplainable illness since last Wednesday evening that has kept me from doing much of anything. It may have been sort of a blessing in disguise as it kept me distracted from today, which anyone who knows me knows I have been dreading for well, five and a half years... Gabby's first day of Kindergarten! (Gabby is my middle, sensitive child)

I have to apologize to anyone who ran into me this morning at school. Aside from looking atrocious from having not moved from my bed in 5 days straight, I was holding back an emotional volcano that was on the brink of erupting, and did erupt ungracefully when my baby girl took her seat at her table and began to write her name on her paper. I could not hold back the "Ugly Cry". Gabby thought this humorous and just giggled at me (did I just call her sensitive?), but hey, I must have looked pretty pathetic. It's just that now, 2 of 3 of my babies are truly no longer babies. She is no longer with me the majority of the day, but rather in the care of others for 7 hours a day. It's an indescribable feeling and it's as if I'm watching another one slip through my fingers, slowly but surely.
I'm hoping to at least get some office work done tomorrow after a dr. visit but I may be slow answering emails and calls, so I do apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Anyways enjoy some (unedited, sorry) pics of my kids' first day and I hope all of yours went just as well.
(PS-If anyone has an MD recommendation in the Plano area, I'm looking for a good general practioner/family physician- deanna@devine-memories.com)


D (We actually drove them, this was just for dramatic effect)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How adorable are they!?! Love the back to school shot of the two of them. Perfection!