Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to Work, Again.

Update on Dad:
-He was finally moved out of ICU and today finally moved to the rehab center. I took Maddy to visit him today and could not get over how happy it made him. His face lit up the minute he saw her, and he was trying to tickle her and make her laugh by pretending to eat an unpeeled banana. It was the best spirits I've seen him in thus far. I also heard that he walked down the hall this morning (with some help of course). I think the more independence he gets back the better he will feel, and also the more visits with Grandkids the better. He adores those kids and they adore him.

So now that I think he may finally be out of the woods, I am forced to go back to work after a 4 month break. Between the surgery and my personal life, I can honestly say I am ready to do SOMETHING ELSE. My bank account agrees!!

So I really want to say thank you to everyone who has been here checking in on Dad for the past two weeks (has it only been two weeks? It feels like two years.) Although optimism is something I am incapable of right now, it does seem like he's going to be ok. It was just so good to see him smile and happy today.

I am still planning on teaching a small Devine U workshop. This is a workshop aimed at those who own a digital SLR and want to learn the basics of how to use it, learn more about lighting, and also some basic editing in Photoshop. It is $250 per person and we will meet on a Saturday afternoon, very casual and small. Please let me know if you are interested in signing up.

Spent hours tonight trying to return emails. Bear with me.

I am also currently accepting bookings for April and May. I will also be running an invitation only digital files sale soon, so watch your emails!

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me more time for this situation with my Dad. Hopefully, we are past all the junk now (HEAR ME KNOCKING ON WOOD?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there! i know healing is a VERY slow thing, but i have faith :)
when are you thinking about your devine u?
i'd love to do it, chances are slim time wise, but would love to at least check the calendar. take care :)
-jeni