Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday.

Turns out Dad had two strokes, one of the cerebellum, the other is brain stem.

Today he showed much improvement, but only for his neurosurgeon and for Tim (my brother) and I. We think he just likes us more :)

They may try to extubate him tomorrow (Friday) but I'm doubtful.

He is still moving his extremities and seems much stronger than yesterday.

Tonight the nurse turned off his sedatives for about an hour so Tim and I could talk to him. Finally after half an hour of yelling in his ear to squeeze our hands, he fluttered open his eyes, and turned his head and looked at me, and I saw in his eyes that he recognized me. He then squeezed my brother's hand. That's about all we got out of him, but it's better than yesterday. So good to see him somewhat awake. I cannot wait to have him back.

No comments: